Qalakabusha
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Qalakabusha

Mama's chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

new born seems to be constipated

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1new born seems to be constipated Empty new born seems to be constipated Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:33 am

zinhle

Mbungulu
Mbungulu

since my LB was one week old, i've been suplementing with formula (Isomil 1) coz my breast milk didn't seem to be enough for him. but since the beginning of this week (he's 3 weeks old now, hes been constipated, he only pooped 3 times the entire week and he pushes and grunts till he's red in the face and sometimes on his nammy we'll see a liitle poop stain, so it's like he was really trying to poop but couldn't. he even wakes up at night crying.

pls pls help us Sad

2new born seems to be constipated Empty Re: new born seems to be constipated Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:30 am

Matuz

Matuz
S'khokho
S'khokho

My aunt is a professional nurse, when I tried to give my LG isomil she said it causes contipation coz they give it to babies who have runny tummies in hospital, BUT just check with his Paed.

Water with brown sugar works, its just that your baby is still very small to all these remedies.

3new born seems to be constipated Empty Re: new born seems to be constipated Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 am

KupCake

KupCake
Lion
Lion

Matuz wrote:My aunt is a professional nurse, when I tried to give my LG isomil she said it causes contipation coz they give it to babies who have runny tummies in hospital, BUT just check with his Paed.

Water with brown sugar works, its just that your baby is still very small to all these remedies.

Shame man Joyous constipation is so painful. Try Matu's remedy it also worked for me. Hope abe ryt u baby.

4new born seems to be constipated Empty Re: new born seems to be constipated Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:33 pm

Mando

Lion
Lion

Hi, u cn try warm water as well as he is still young for home remedies. Also u cn change da formulae/ speak 2 ur paed as he might gv u something.

5new born seems to be constipated Empty Re: new born seems to be constipated Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Vuyo

Vuyo
Lion
Lion

Hi joyous, my brother (Dr) said the mixing of BF milk and fomular at that age may confuse the digestive system. You need to BF only and try to supress if you can as well. Our babies dont need to take water untlil the time they start with semi solid foods. the water in the BF milk / formula is enough for them.
Please consult your Pead and see how they can help.
I understand you problem very much. Ask you pead which formula you can give your LB. Remeber all kids react differently to these different brand of formulas.

Wishig you the best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum